29.10.12 - 03.11.2012 - Obervance of "Vigilance Awareness Week – 2012"
"Vigilance Awareness Week" was observed in Heavy Engineering Corporation Limited, Ranchi on the theme of "Transparency in Public Procurement", in a befitting manner from 29.10.12 to 03.11.12, as per instructions of Central Vigilance Commission.
The following activities were organized during the vigilance awareness week:-
- Banners, posters etc. were displayed in a conspicuous manner at prime locations at the Hqrs. office of HEC Limited, as well as in all the Plants/Units – FFP, HMBP, HMTP & Project Division.
- On 29.10.12, Oath/Pledge to all the officers/employees of the Hqrs. office of HEC was administered by Sri Ravindra Verma, CVO/HEC. GMs/HODs administered the oath to the officers/employees of their respective units at FFP, HMBP, HMTP, Hospital etc.
- An Inaugural Function was held at HEC Hqrs. on 30.10.12, where Oath/ Pledge was administered by Sri R. Misra, CMD, HEC to all the Directors, GMs and other HODs. The messages of Hon’ble President, Vice President, Prime Minister of India and leader of opposition were read out by the Directors/GMs, while the message of Central Vigilance Commission was read out by CVO/HEC.
A presentation on "Transparency in Public Procurement" was given by Sri Ravindra Verma, Chief Vigilance Officer, HEC Limited before CMD, Directors, GMs/HODs and other officers of the Corporation during inaugural function.
- An In-house Journal, "SPARK" compiled by Vigilance Department of HEC Limited, containing latest CVC Circulars/Guidelines as well as vigilance related articles was released by Sri R. Misra, CMD, HEC Limited on 30.10.2012.
- A debate/speech competition was held at each plant/units on the topic "Eradication of Corruption from PSUs – in the context of HEC Ltd." from 29.10.12 to 03.11.12 in which officers/employees of HEC participated in large numbers. CVO and other Vigilance Officers attended the debate/speech competition at each plant/unit and also held interactive sessions with the officers/employees present, on the need for vigilance awareness and action to be taken against corrupt practices in the organization.
- A "Valedictory Function" was held on 3rd November 2012 at HEC Hqrs., where prizes of debate/speech competition were distributed to the participants. Special Prizes were given to 05 (five) officers for actively participating in Vigilance Activities.
A report on activities of Vigilance Department during last one year was presented by Sri B.K.Nayak, SDGM (Vig.). The observation of Vigilance Department about the need for transparency, fairness, accountability in decision making and action on recommendations sent by Vigilance Department was stressed by Sri Ravindra Verma, Chief Vigilance Officer, HEC Limited in his address to the officers of the Corporation. The officers were also addressed by CMD & Directors who also instructed the officers to ensure transparency, integrity and fairness in decision making in the Corporation.
- Wide coverage was given by local media to all the activities held during Vigilance Awareness Week in HEC Ltd., Ranchi.
Click here for photo collection of this event